I’m always on the hunt for nice, tasty and nutritious snacks. Recently I’ve been loving these little gems – so thought I’d share the recipe with you. The great thing with these ‘energy balls’ is that you can basically add any ingredient that you like and I’m sure they will taste delicious. Using medjool dates creates that fudgy consistency that allows them to bind together. Therefore, I would advise to make sure you use medjool as they are better at this than other dates.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 10 Medjool dates (I buy one pack of Tesco’s organic medjool dates)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup of any kind of seed mix – I used a mixture that contained sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder
WHAT YOU GOTTA DO
- remove the pits from the dates – not tasty for you and not great for the food processor… 😉
- Add the nuts and seeds to your food processor and mix until it becomes a crumbly powder consistency
- Add all remaining ingredients
- Mix until it becomes a sticky consistency
- Create small balls with approximately 1.5 tbsp of the mixture – should make around 24 balls.
- Put in the fridge to set for 30 mins.
Serving size: 24
- Calories: 74
- Fat 3.7
- Carbs 7.8
- Protein 2.1
I make a batch on the weekend and have them ready to grab from the fridge whenever I need a quick pick-me-up. Hope you like it!