I recently wrote about this recipe for my CrossFit gym’s general blog, and thought I’d share it here as well. It’s simply too good to not re-share!
One thing that always has to be a part of my breakfast is eggs. I like to stick to routines when it comes to my nutrition, as I find it easier to prepare food and figure out what works best for me. I love eggs for the reason that it gives me a serving of protein in the morning which fuels me for the next few hours. I tend to have my eggs hard boiled or scrambled, but I recently added the baked egg cup to my repertoire.
I stumbled across this recipe quite a while back on Pinterest (great place to find recipes), but it wasn’t until this week that I went ahead and made them. I made my first batch with turkey bacon, and my second batch with tomatoes. I think the third batch will incorporate both. 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED
- A muffin tray.
- Meat (turkey bacon, normal bacon, ham, smoked salmon – whatever floats your boat!).
- Veggies of your choice e.g. spinach, baby tomatoes, kale
WHAT YOU GOTTA DO
- Heat your oven to 180 °C.
- Line the edges of the muffin tray cups with meat or chop the meat up for even distribution.
- Add your veggies, e.g. 1-2 sliced baby plum tomatoes or a few leaves of spinach/kale.
- Crack one egg in each cup.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper (or any other spice of your choice).
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 mins.
- Let eggs cool off for a few minutes, before removing them from the muffin tray.
I find this to be an easy, delicious and fun way to make your eggs for breakfast or as a snack. I usually eat two for breakfast with my porridge, and take another two with me for my afternoon snack. The good thing is, these are just as delicious warm as they are cold.