I absolutely love smoothies. I find this to be the perfect breakfast and/or snack, because you can literally throw anything in there and most of the time it tastes great. I’ve definitely had my fair share of disasters when it comes to finding the right recipe (read: adding copious amounts of kale, celery, spinach and some chocolate protein powder.. not a good mix).
I tend to have this smoothie for breakfast during the spring/summer months, in addition to some eggs. This is definitely my favorite smoothie at the moment, and it’s so easy and quick to make.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup milk of your choice (I use almond milk)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of water (as needed)
- 1 serving of chia seeds (30g)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional). I use vanilla or chocolate flavour (favorite is vanilla)
WHAT YOU GOTTA DO
- Add all ingredients to your blender.
- Mix away!
- Garnish your smoothie if you like – for this one I added pomegranate seeds and it was just delicious.
Depending on the desired consistency you’d like, add water to taste. I like when the smoothie is a bit thicker in consistency, so I’d only add some water if necessary.
Hope you like it!