So for my birthday this year, I really wanted to try making us some Acai bowls. These are packed with lots of nutrients and antioxidants and I managed to pick up some Vitacai frozen juice pads from Wholefoods earlier in the week. What I like about this recipe is simply how easy it is to make, how delicious it is, and how beautiful it looks. My Mr certainly finished his bowl with a smile on his face.
WHAT YOU NEED
For 1 serving:
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 100 ml of frozen Acai – I used Vitacai which contains both Acai and Guarana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries, banana to decorate
- Granola of choice – I used Lizi’s granola
WHAT YOU GOTTA DO
- Place one pack of Acai in warm water to defrost. Should take around 3-4 mins.
- In a blender, add banana, blueberries and raspberries and mix together. If you have time, put the banana in the freezer for about 20 mins to add extra freshness to your bowl.
- Add the frozen Acai to your blender and mix again.
- Once all blended together, pour it into a bowl.
- Cut up strawberries and a banana and decorate your bowl together with the fresh blueberries and granola. I went for a stripe design, but you could also do a circle motif.
Once you’re done, sit back and enjoy. This certainly started my birthday off in the best possible way.